Saturday, May 14, 2011

For the third time

Hello all!

I'm back here in the vast blogosphere (I heard a radio personality call it that - it should be in the dictionary by now!), and hopefully, this time I'll stay.  Why "the woman in my attic"? Ok, I'll bite. About 11 years ago, while I was part of a few online poetry sites, this "woman" began to emerge inside my head, whispering things into my inner ear. (uh oh!) Of course, I exaggerate (slightly), but I did become aware of other voices that seemed to need their own avenues of expression. The online writing and poetry clubs/lounges/gatherings served as a wonderful classroom filled with writers and published authors from all over the world who shared their words and ideas freely with one another. I was hopelessly hooked. Daily I'd go online to draw from their ink wells. I was inspired, challenged, and my writing was sharpened. That was when I discovered someone else, inside my "house" was present. And when I sat still and all was quiet, I could "hear" her.

Every now and then she shares a word. She is far wiser than I, and this is why I know her presence is a pure gift. This page is my homage to her, and my hope that she visits me more often. Of course, there are pages and pages of poetry that I've written about her, and I will post some of them in time.

In the meantime, and for the third time, I'm awaiting inspiration, and I'm back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...