Thursday, November 27, 2014

Did I Miss Anything?

Boaz Ministries


I’ve been thinking if, in my thankfulness, I’ve forgotten anything. Of course I covered my health, my wife, my children, the food I eat, the job I have and all of the basics. But as I look back over my life, I could spend all day thanking the Lord for things I don’t normally think about, let alone be thankful for things that happened years ago; and things I admit I have taken for granted. The list is long and depending on which stage of my life, the list is quite diverse.

To give proper thanks I have decided to spend significant time each day throughout the day being thankful for a wide variety of things. If we begin connecting the dots that make up our lives, we can easily find things to be thankful for. The Lord has orchestrated every person we meet and every situation we encounter. We should be thankful for the results of those meetings and situations.

Anyone who has paid attention over the years will agree that the “Thanksgiving” holiday has been reduced to the official kick-off for the “Christmas” shopping season. As America continues on the path of separating itself from anything that even hints of spirituality, it is up to us as individuals to be thankful for all things big and small, for without those things, we would merely be a reflection of the world and all its ills - not the vessels of peace and love God wants us to be. Let us be thankful for that opportunity.

Bruce Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...