Tuesday, January 12, 2016

All In the Family: Blended, Extended, and Intended...

Last August, Bruce and I had a mini-family reunion/meet-and-eat. Since moving to the east coast, I've been able to reconnect with my cousins on my mother's side who live here, as well as meet and get to know his family, who also live in this area. It was soooo great to have my mother come with my sister and my nieces!

There was family from every-which-side who joined in; came over to our house and just had fun reuniting - some after almost 30 years! It was a blast! The flow was beautiful and our adult children had a chance to be together, eat together, laugh and talk..together.

Just sharing some pictures of a very happy time in the summer of 2015. Sandwiched between the loss of family members earlier in the year, and more sad good-byes to come later that year - we made some great memories that we'll not soon forget!

Our family selfie at the Cracker Barrel

Blended to perfection

My crew and me at the movies!

My two younger (babies) adults

A great match!

My sister, our children, their cousins, their aunts, and both grandmothers!

My crew at our cousin's home (Dr. Andre Blaylock, RIP 9/21/15) with his wife, June (seated on his lap)



No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...