Sunday, December 24, 2017

Having a Real Relationship with God is Everything...4

There's been many a sweet love song with lyrics that have helped to seal the deal for millions of people. One such song, an obscure number titled, "In Love We Grow" from the popular 70s R&B group, "Rufus", speaks very clearly to our message today. The lyrics are as follows:
"We go on and on/from dawn to dawn
the years have flown much faster than we know/
and still in love we grow
Time has placed us here/afraid of fear
we've seen through tears that never should have come/and still in love we grow
Like a baby dove, our love, in time, it's snowy wings unfold
to soar, above
I'll stay, another hour, another day/my whole life
as long as I feel this way
I'll stay with you, I know, I know, I know
As long as I feel this way
In love, we'll grow"
"I'll stay...as long as I feel this way." Friends, the message to us today is - a God-centered marriage is meant to go the distance. And couples who cultivate an intentional relationship with the Lord, individually and collectively, won't rely on something as flimsy as feelings when things go wrong in marriage. They will depend on Him. He is the Keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...