Monday, January 21, 2019

Today, and Forever - Let there be Love!

The devotional calendar - appropriate for today & forever!
There are probably a million verses that tell of the infinite lifespan of love, when love is real.

I've learned, happily, that love - true love - never dies. And at the risk of sounding trite, I can testify that love breathes on through us and those we bring into this world and others we  touch. In fact, love multiplies!

I am a student of this thing. I'm also a teacher and facilitator - a mediator, a person who seeks to sprinkle in exact proportions, the love and knowledge of love to others as they have need.

I can't say enough about love - I am today, and every day, full of it! Grateful to have had copious amounts of love throughout my 6 plus decades on this planet, even during times when I didn't appreciate it. Humbled because, my God! I know I am so unworthy!

As broken as I am in the flesh, I stand with my head held high because I am whole in the Spirit! I recognize the Power that allows me to stand - is Divine. And my gratitude today is heightened by the memory of the dear soul, the late, great, R. Lamont Wynn, whom God sent in human form to woo and ask me for my hand over forty years ago. We married on this date, in 1979. It was Super Bowl XIII (Pittsburgh Steelers 35, Dallas Cowboys 31)!!

When I reflect on the 31 years, 3 months and 18 days we shared as husband and wife, all I can do is smile. I learned  of the wonderful, complex, intricate, awesome and sometimes mysterious ways of Love - God's Love - through that union. Please believe me that love and loving is better, stronger, and freer because of the peace and joy I have within. Because of the Love I receive beyond measure daily - from the Original Lover of my soul!

There is no disappointment too great, no sorrow or burden too heavy, and nothing that cannot be forgiven when there is love everlasting, rejuvenating, regenerating and replenishing the heart, mind, body and soul.  I pray love everlasting for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...