Friday, September 7, 2012

From the Real Life Files - God is in control!

I've recently relocated to the Maryland/DC area from southern California. Bruce and I are making our home here on the east coast, and it's a very exciting time for us.

I was just on the phone with my mother, who lives in California. Now that I'm all the way over here, we are keeping in touch much more often - she's as excited for me as I am! We'd been talking about the gatherings we had recently, when Bruce went to California and met all of my people a couple of months ago. It was such a good time, and he was welcomed warmly by my closest friends and family (including my 3 adult children). It was especially wonderful because my eldest daughter and her hubby who live in South Korea had timed it so they would be in the States to meet him. (before that, Skype was the way we kept in touch!) Well, here on the east coast, there's more family. And this is so significant because they are my in-laws from my late husband's side! From the time I informed my mother-in-law and all my sisters-in-law that I was courting Bruce, the response was positive and supportive. My mother-in-law had been in California when Bruce was there, so she'd already met him. She absolutely loves him! Her endorsement made it even more wonderful when he came to Maryland last week to meet the rest of Bro.Wynn's family! (I must note here, that Bruce had been invited by Bro. Wynn to join us in our online Bible study, back in 2010, before he passed away. Bruce accepted the invitation, and is now a regular member/contributor to our studies every Sunday morning! Look at God!)

Bruce told me that the family's open-arms-acceptance of him is a testament of how much they love me. My mother said the same just now, and she added something else: my Maryland family appreciate my devotion to their son/brother through thick and thin, and they can be genuinely happy for my new life. I will add something publicly that the Lord revealed to me privately:

The Lord allowed me to dot my i's and cross my t's in my first marriage - and brought me to a place of absolute restoration and peace. He had perfected His work in my late husband, and said "well done." Though death parted us, my ministry would continue, and there is indeed so much more to do. My children and I will carry on the legacy of love that was begun - and through all the trials we've experienced, and those to come - God's will shall be done and His name shall be glorified. My husband, Bruce, has been called to play an important role in this part of the journey... and I am pleased to say he's accepted that call, as well.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Bruce's daughter and her fiance' and a few other family members. I am happy to welcome new family as we move forward and get settled. I think of what my grandmother, Motherdear, used to say - "Life is full of new experiences! Enjoy them all!" I agree, and I am, with all my might!

Where some skeptics from the outside see all this as either impossible, unusual and even unbelievable, I submit they have no idea of the power and reality of God's infinite love! Make no mistake, my dears, God is in control!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...