Sunday, April 7, 2013

Don't Worry About Tomorrow


From Boaz Ministries

I've been basking in the joy of the waning hours of today. With the work week ahead, and all the "stuff", known and unknown, just around the corner - I have intentionally blocked out all that noise. I admit, it's not easy to do when you know you have to hit the floor running in less than 24 hours!

Bruce said something today that ministered to me - about God showing Himself strong and faithful to His promises; answering prayers. And in the next moment, all the things I had been mildly stressing over, disappeared. When we can encourage our mate, just in praising God for His goodness, it goes a long way.

Jesus tells us in Matthew 6:31 that we shouldn't worry about what we're going to eat, drink, or even what we'll wear, because God already knows and He's got us (32). And when we make sure His kingdom is our first priority, EVERYTHING we need is supplied(33).

It's verse 34 that I wanted to emphasize for our enrichment this gorgeous Sunday evening. The King James Version says it like this:

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

My understanding of that last verse tells me not to sweat tomorrow, because whatever madness goes down tomorrow, it will be dealt with. This is why a consistent, intentional prayer life is key. And I believe God's omnipresence places Him outside of time, presiding over tomorrow, so I'm going to sit back, sip my last few cups of Sunday and be thankful that He reigns!

(Slide on over to your mate and say, "Don't worry about tomorrow, Baby. Let's chill!")

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...