Friday, June 20, 2014

Happy Birthday to My Son!

Just wanted to give a maternal shout out to my only son, Jonathan! Today is his 23rd birthday and as always, when each of my children celebrate another year of life - I think about the weeks and days leading to the moment of their deliveries.

My last child born of 3,  Jonathan took the longest time to arrive. (5 hours - ha!) He was named for our dear friend, Jonathan (JC), and his father's middle name. An interesting thing is that his father and I had his name ready well before we had our first daughter. This isn't too unusual except for the fact that we were not prepared with a proper girl's name either time. We just couldn't seem to agree on the girls' names!

I've written elsewhere in this blog about the ability of our hearts to expand and deepen with each new love in our lives. And it is so. I love my son as tremendously and fiercely as I love my daughters. They can attest to that I am sure. Jonathan was the quiet hope of his father. I hadn't truly known this until we found out via ultrasound that he was indeed a boy. Lamont had been so in love with and crazy over both our girls! When the doctor pointed out the undeniable proof of a male child on the screen, he broke into tears! Words cannot express my feelings of wonder, surprise and relief that I'd somehow 'done good' - though I knew I hadn't provided the necessary chromosome to 'make' the boy.

Originally given an expected date of birth - June 26 (Lamont's own birth date) - Jonathan came six days earlier. The month of June has been doubly special ever since.

My prayer this day is for my son to continue to pursue God's plan for his life through an ever increasing, intimate relationship with Him. It is the legacy Bro. Wynn left to all of us.

Happy birthday, Jonathan Lamont! I am so incredibly proud of you, my son!

Forever love -

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...