Thursday, June 19, 2014

Milestones and Father's Day, and the Sweet that Chases all the Bitter away....

I'm a grateful mother. I am thankful for blessings that I know I don't deserve; thankful for the continuous prayers of people who care about me and my family.

I'm a proud mother of two children with advanced degrees. In 2010, my oldest daughter received her Masters Degree in English Literature; she currently teaches in South Korea with her husband. My second child graduated with her MBA over the holiday weekend. And she's being pursued for an HR position by a firm where she previously interned. Amen. My son is on his path toward his Engineering degree. Hallelujah!

So, this past weekend was a special time with my west coast family. I visited with my parents, and spent precious, quality time with my father.  My parents attended their granddaughter's graduation with so much joy and pride, they were beaming! Dad couldn't have received a better gift on Father's Day!

Reflecting back over the last four years, I see where the Lord intervened time after time, sustaining us all as we lived through the loss of my children's father, my husband of 31 years. He would be so proud today!  And while we weren't expecting his death, God, in His omniscient wisdom, had been preparing us -  we'd been in a growing relationship with Him through our family's ministry. When the blow of death struck us, we almost lost our balance, but we never fell down.  I think of all the twists and turns in my children's educational journey, the financial aid, scholarships awarded right on time, the set-backs (although temporary), the back-and-forth that life is; and my subsequent remarriage and move across the country. I look at all of it and realize how the Lord continues to show Himself strong in my life. It is humbling.

I'm still here. We are healthy and reasonably sane. And I give all glory, honor and praise to God for all He's done, is doing and will continue to do for me and my family. My commitment to Him grows and grows because of His awesome faithfulness towards me. I know now that there is nothing I can't do or go through, because my God is with me.

Today, I'm thinking about the mercy and grace God gives to each and every one of us who call upon Him as our Father.  I'm meditating on His promise to never leave us nor forsake us. He is the Sweet that chases all the bitterness of life away. I'm a living witness!

Father and Daughter
In loving memory, Graduation weekend, Oakwood University, May, 8, 2010


Carrying on...  La Sierra University, June 15, 2014









No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...