Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Beware of "Blessing Blockers", Ladies and Gentlemen

Just a quick and necessary word for singles who wish to be selective and discriminating when choosing a life mate. I'm talking marriage - complete with the paperwork.

The term "blessing blocker" isn't my own. It was coined by a sister/friend of mine who, at the mature age of 50 plus, and two previous marriages that ended in divorce, understands the importance of waiting on the Lord. Since becoming single for the second time, she's had the occasional gentleman caller to show interest. However, she's not rushing. And when she felt one suitor was trying to press her for a more serious relationship, she took a step back and let him know that his approach was not acceptable. All along she had been praying for the Lord to reveal if this man was indeed "the one".  Then she did her research. Yes she did. And number one, he wasn't even available to court. He was not divorced yet. (a major detail that seems to be omitted far too often - even at this age!!!) Second... he has a criminal record. YES he does - of the most unsavory kind!  Not a good look.

Needless to say, she was relieved to get the 4-1-1 that he wasn't sharing. And that's when she told me, "...because I don't need anyone to be blocking my blessing! I have no time to waste with the wrong one."

Please note: this message is for the gentlemen, too. I'm just passing it along to anyone who will hear. But don't just take my word for it:


"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."
Psalm 27:14 KJV

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Dr. T. I've seen too many unsuccessful stories, men and women, due to acting in haste and desperation...not relying on the Lord's timing. It's a hard word for people who feel they've been "alone too long" - but the truth is, when in love with the Lord, the sense of completeness and at-one-ment with Him - keeps the soul so full and radiant, it's ATTRACTIVE to the RIGHT ONE! Folks don't give God the chance to work in them...in preparation for the one He has FOR them. Ok... enough of the preaching. It's one of my special areas of concern and ministry. And I thank God for the opportunity to share what others share with me.

      Delete

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...