Friday, June 1, 2012

Boaz Ministries

It's been a little while since I posted here. Much has been going on and I'm here to share the news about the relationship ministry I'm now involved in with my husband, Bruce Edwards.

Boaz Ministries was Bruce's idea a few years ago, and his aim and mission was to encourage men, single and married, in developing and sustaining strong, healthy, loving  and Godly relationships with their women and wives. The name "Boaz" is taken from the book of Ruth in the Bible. Boaz was a just and noble man and his is an amazing story of protection, devotion and love.  Today, we'd definitely call him "marriage material", a real man! My Christian sistas out there already understand, with a knowing smile, when the name "Boaz" is mentioned.

By definition, Boaz means, "in strength" - and is a fitting name for this ministry. My background in family services/counseling, is a wonderful blend, and therefore, Bruce and I joined forces and extended our reach to include women, single, premarital, and married. We understand that the family is the foundation of our communities and society. We see there is a spiritual attack against the family - and the battle cannot be won using ordinary (carnal) weapons.

At Boaz Ministries, we seek to provide some relief, encouragement, tips, counsel and prayer - all based on the Word of God.  For as I have written elsewhere on this blog - there isn't any human situation that the Bible does not speak to, whether specifically or in principle.

We have a Facebook page and I welcome you to come by and take a look. From time to time I will also post insights here that Bruce and I will share at Boaz Ministries.

http://www.facebook.com/theboazministries

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...