Thursday, June 14, 2012

the unspeakable things

for the children of RLW 
6/26/1954-5/8/2010

Here I am at the edge of yet another season
2 years have passed since he closed his eyes
in the silent sleep of death

The love of my youth, father of
my children... the one who embraced life with
a grip so fierce that everyone in the room could feel his energy!

He led with his heart
and his mind was quick and awesome!
When he smiled he blossomed deep-dimpled brilliance
because his eyes glowed streaks of amber rays
that pierced through dark places...

He could warm the coldest soul
win the hardest skeptic
shake the stony ground loose
and help rebuild whatever was broken in the crumble...

He was not tall in stature as men are measured
but his tower of love lifted him high above
the others
 

His laughter could incite an uproar
of uncontrollable shrieks of joy
tumbling down then swelling again
into side-splitting, tearful pleas
of " I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE!"

Ahh, he was amazing!
A humble man of God
who followed in His footsteps
until the day he was called to his rest

There are days when all I can do is
quietly reflect, because the years, months, and weeks
yea, the hours I was blessed to share with him
were too wonder filled to utter!

The language always fails

My cup of memories tips over
in this moment, and
lovely is the flow

I am thankful for the gift of reflections
only some of which I now speak...

© 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...