Monday, April 2, 2012

Blast From "Attic" Past....

April is National Poetry Month

And in April of 2008, I was honored to be listed among such accomplished poets, by APOOO Book Club/Book Reviewers. I found this still lurking in the long forgotten archives of my old blog (of the same name).  Just wanted to share. And by all means, let's have some poetry, shall we?

 

National Poetry Month




Well I had to return to say something on behalf of Poetry Month. This is a special time of recognition, although poetry is a day to day thing with me. So I'm encouraging folks to venture out into the byways, find an open mic event, support a spoken word endeavor - or go to the library, get online and read some of the classic works by E.E. Cummings, T.S. Eliot, Elizabeth Barrett Browning...or more contemporary works by James Wright, Pablo Neruda...or poems by Black poets...Cullen, Hughes, Shange, Giovanni, Sanchez and so many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...