Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Let Me Say It Again...

I've said it before - there's no such thing as luck. I do believe that circumstances and situations can be fortunate or unfortunate... but there is a difference. A quick search of the definitions (lucky/luck vs fortunate/unfortunate), might help explain it.

If I can just bask for a moment in the truth of the words of the poster on the left of the page; I believe I can get a few witnesses.

My life, a book with several chapters, some closed - is a testimony of God's very intentional interaction between Himself and humans. And as I grow older, I can see more clearly where He has been handling my issues, and directing my steps. The realization, the recognition of His work is awe inspiring!

I shouldn't wonder; I asked Him very plainly some years ago to show Himself strong in my life. And the God of all my circumstances continues to show me that He is above all others. He's so ridiculously wonderful, that even my missteps and stumbling blocks become stepping stones; teaching opportunities whereby someone else can be encouraged. Ain't no accidents. My whole journey is a testimony that God is in charge. And when believers put their trust in Him - His blessings come flowing out to us in the richness and fullness of the fruit of the spirit: "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance." (Galatians 5:22-23)

My prayer is that all of us choose to let God draw us closer to Him. His embrace is stronger, deeper, and endures far beyond any temporary fix or fleeting fancy. He is the anchor in the storm of life's unfortunate events and "the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him" ( Hebrews 11:6).  His power is greater than the rabbit's foot and the four-leaf clover - they have no authority! He created them, after all!.

I praise God for His faithfulness, for His guidance, protection and mercy! Can't imagine leaving my life, yea, my very soul, to 'chance'. 






2 comments:

  1. You are an awesome woman of God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God be praised, sis! God be praised! Thank you for your love!

      Delete

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...