Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Today is my husband's birthday...

and yesterday, snowed in, enjoying being home together - doing our separate activities, I took some time to reflect on the mercy and grace of God. Lately, I've been practicing having an intentional relationship with the Lord - actively seeking to know His will for me, day to day, moment by moment. And in my daily meditations and prayers, my request is that God allow me to have an experience so powerful (be it great or small), leaving no doubt that He is real and cares about every detail of my life. I pray this prayer for my husband, and everyone on my prayer list. Been praying this prayer for a few months.

And miracles are happening! Some small, gradually, by increments. Some, complete 180-degree turnarounds- quickly. I hear about them; I've seen them, and know there's a spiritual transformation taking place in the lives of those who have no idea they're being lifted in prayer daily (I've enlisted other prayer warriors to intercede for these dear souls)- across the country! I can see the changes in my husband; in his willingness to boldly profess his love for Christ - and how he, indeed, is being molded and made new by the Potter - and loving it! Thrills my soul when he testifies about how the Lord hears and answers specific prayers! God shows Himself to Bruce, and Bruce can "see" God at work, literally keeping him. I love the joy, the peace that has replaced the worry and doubt on my husband's countenance. Because his faith is stronger, he trusts and has confidence that the Lord's got him, no matter what the situation appears to be. It's personal; intimate, magnificent!

This year, 2013, has been a time of transition, change - growth. All of it, God ordained. I am grateful for the lessons the Lord is teaching me - and so thankful to know without a doubt, that He's using someone like me - faults and all - to share His message of love, repentance, forgiveness and eternal life. Our purpose as a couple is ministry. It's our desire to reach out to others with the message of hope. God's bringing more individuals into a deeper knowledge of Himself and how real and wonderful He truly is.  We've joined Him in this work; we want people to know and receive that the life we can have in Him is far richer and more abundant than any temporal enticements this world has to offer.

Today is Bruce's birthday. I bless the Lord and give glory to God for placing within this man a heart that desires to know and love Him more! It really doesn't get better than that, this side of Heaven!

Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...