Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Adoration


You send sweet vibrations my way,
effortlessly


It goes like this:

I enter a room, any room where you are
and your scent is in the air
Faintly spiced with your soap and after shave
tantalizing my nostrils

You are reading a book, or playing your bass guitar
turned away from me
But your body bids me "welcome"

The invitation is unspoken
It is always understood
And always, I accept

Before we even touch
Our connection is palpable


From your silent thoughts 
I hear you call to me

I have your full attention

Finally, face to face -
a smile blossoms beneath your  mustache,
your eyes dance their "Helloooo Love" dance

And the last cares of my day
now melt away completely

Before our lips meet
we just stare
With our foreheads pressed together,

we read, and search the familiar lines of
the face we dream about

We wade and the wading goes deeper
moving past our mere reflections
We reach the depths of us,
hold...right...there...
And drown in who we are

©2014






No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...