Friday, July 11, 2014

Happy Fourth Anniversary to My Kids in South Korea!




Mr. & Mrs. Brian R. Urias! ("ooo-RREE-aahss")

This goes out to Mr. and Mrs. Brian R. Urias! We celebrated their marriage on this day in 2010, in Rancho Cucamonga, California. They officially married May 28, in Michigan. They had been in graduate school in Michigan and shortly after graduation, they wed. But we'd planned to have the California ceremony on July 11. I believe one of the main reasons for their earlier marriage was because, as it turned out, Ashley's father would not be present to give her away. They had received his blessing before his passing, and that was the most important thing to the both of them.


We went ahead as planned - and oh how we celebrated! Ashley was blessed to have her father's brother, Uncle Eric, give her away for the family.
Ashley and her uncle, Eric Wynn

The language fails when I try to describe the tone, texture and tenderness of that special day. So - I'll simply say it was incredibly beautiful, and leave it alone.

I just want to share a few pictures and congratulate these young people, who have been teaching in the English immersion program in South Korea for the past three years.  They are on a wonderful life adventure, in love, work and play.  I pray that God continues to bless and keep them in love as they live for Him, for many, many more years! 


Ahhh, the ring!
And! I'm going to South Korea to celebrate Ashley's birthday in September - my first visit since they've been away! I am ecstatic and looking forward!
My children and me!
On the dance floor


Mr. Brian Ray Urias!



On into the night!

I never get tired of this picture!
Me, my daughter, son and new In-Loves, Tami & Ramon Urias!
My firstborn - Mrs. Ashley Joelle Wynn Urias!
The food was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...