Thursday, October 2, 2014

While I Yet Loved You

for Pookie

Moments, like these, carry me back
Back to the day we sat next to each other on the plane
You looked at me, touched my hand
And told me this was the first time we'd ever sat together on a flight

We always had the children, in years gone by, sitting with us,
between us

But this trip, it was just the two of us
Traveling to a celebration
Flying 30,000 feet above the ground
600 miles per hour....
Feeling fine and free

Full of hope,
Blessed

I had no reason to believe that it would be our last flight together,
that our celebration would turn into mourning
And you would not return with me

Moments like these give me familiar chills,
with a brush of warmth upon my skin that sweetly soothes me
Because when the past was the present
You knew my heart
And took your last breath
While I yet loved you

©2014




No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...