Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dissociative Disorder

I/we birth poems enriched by
multi-faceted
seeds sown

the dreams come,
but the fabric
is ofttimes
misshapen
and torn
 
some waking hours bring
no reason
& even less rhyme
and secrets beget
secrets of their own
in the recesses of my mind...

I/we fashion words
to soothe hurt 
ease pain
make love
to curse
then bless
start over
begin again 

I/we see
with the eye of fingertips
sounds we utter
don't come from lips

we stitch pictures together
from the silhouette
of souls
against the wall
above a feather
bed

making manifest
past-present
future
of all the things we
ever heard/said

I/we blend/spin
thoughts
on a 3-dimensional wheel
whirling
elliptical orbits 
round
my selves
creating
tapestries

surreal
 
please don't wake us
there's nothing to fear
it's the sanity
of a poet
we love it here

Bridgette Alyce Wynn © 2005

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...