Monday, January 23, 2012

The Comforter


I know a little more about Him, now
He's the One Who wraps me in peace
when there's nothing but trouble all around

He's the One Who calms my fears
when I'm standing at the edge of the unknown
He gives me the push I need to cross on over...
(then my soul looks back in wonder!)

I know something about His power, now
He's unshackled me from the guilt of my past
I'm accepted into the Beloved!

He reminds me that I can't expect to be forgiven,
if I refuse to forgive
He's freed my heart to let go,
and let Him handle all my battles

He knows what He's doing
He's perfect in every way, even when
His way doesn't make "common sense"
I know there's nothing common about Him, now

He stretches me beyond my humanness
because... I allow Him inside
My human self is not enough on my best day
So I don't leave home without Him

I depend on Him every waking moment, now
Any good thing that I might do, is all His doing

I don't claim one kind act or word as my own
Doesn't matter what others think about me
He lives inside me, now

He knows me intimately, I've given Him permission
Willingly I lay bare before Him, He corrects and covers me

When I think I can't make it another step
He meets me there, and takes me the rest of the way

There's nothing like the Love He gives
I can't describe the Joy inside!
I can't live without Him, now!

I wish everyone would get to know Him
All it takes is an invitation, and He will dwell within
The best kind of possession possible
We become fully His and He is fully ours!

He'll work incredible miracles in your life!
I know that, now...

© 2012

Inspired by His work in my own life, as promised by Jesus in John 14:15-18 (KJV)

...If ye love Me, keep My commandments.  And I will pray the Father and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever,even the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him. But ye know Him, for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.  I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you.

























































No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...