Friday, January 13, 2012

Counting blessings!

Shabbat shalom!

I'm celebrating the coming of the Sabbath hours, listening to my gospel music - having cleaned my house a few hours ago; I've got the candles glowing, sipping a wonderful tropical green tea with honey. For true, there is peace in the valley!

The Sabbath hours are sooo necessary; a 24-hour period to just relax, breathe deeply, and meditate on the goodness of God! It is a special time to be at one with the Creator and reflect on the promises of His Word, review the gospel story, the life and teachings of Christ, and engage in fellowship with like believers - doing the ministry God has given and gifted us to do.  After talking with a couple of wise family and friends yesterday, and earlier today (Friday) who helped me put life into perspective, I had to agree with another true thing:

I'M BLESSED!!



I blogged how I'd had a bad day at the beginning of the week. And while I did snap out of it, the feelings of frustration tried to return. It was brief. I've blogged about my desire to leave California. So, because things aren't happening as fast as I'd like, I allowed myself to sink - not too low, though.

Tonight, I began counting my blessings, and I submit my top 10 list for your encouragement and edification:

1  God's protection and care of me, my children, parents, loved ones and friends (Ps 34:7; 91:10)
2. Good health and  reasonably sound mind (Ps 42:11; 2 Timothy 1:7)
3. Employment (Deut. 5:13; Prov. 24:27; Prov. 31:13-31)
4. Shelter/food/clothes/transportation (Matthew 6:25-32; Philippians 4:19)
5. The love and companionship of a good and Godly man ( Ps 37:4; 1 Cor. 7; Ephesians 5: 22-33)
6. The desire to serve the Lord, come what will or may (Ps 40:8; 119:11)
7. God's peace that surpasses all human understanding ( Isaiah 26:3; John 14:27; Philippians 4:7)
8. Forgiveness (Ps 103:12; Luke 6:27; James 5:16; 1 John 1:9)
9. The Holy Sabbath (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Hebrews 4:10)
10.Yeshua Ha-Mashiach, aka Jesus, the Messiah ( Isaiah 7:14; 9:6; Luke 1:31; John 3:16)


GOD IS GREAT, AND GREATLY TO BE PRAISED!






 
Bruce, the good and Godly man, and me
12/9/11


Shalom and blessings to you and your house!!


































No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...