Monday, January 16, 2012

Sharing the insights of others...


Here's a sister I had the pleasure of "friending" during my time on Facebook - one of the awesome people who is raising the awareness of individuals in need of finding or rediscovering their PASSION! Her name is Eden Sterlington  of Chicago, Illinois. She is "Chief Intimacy Officer" of Get Back To Passion!  http://www.getbacktopassion.com ;  https://www.facebook.com/getbacktopassion. Ms. Sterlington received the Amazon.com bestseller award and is the author of As a Man Thinketh - the SatisFillment Edition, her newest release (of which I have the pleasure of owning).  I happened to see something she blogged today, and I sent her a message that I would share it. Just a snippet - but oh so powerful, in my humble opinion. Dig: 

The Intimacy Officer is back on the job! I heard something today on NATIONAL TV that set me off! I couldn't issue a citation, but here's a warning: forget what you heard about "you can't pick who you love," or "you fell in love." You absolutely, definitely, and intentionally CHOOSE who you love and you didn't "fall" anywhere! Love ONLY happens when the people involved direct their energy, effort, and intention in that direction. Most people believe the hype because "being in love" feels so intoxicating that your intention doesn't FEEL like work. However, when you CHOOSE to make that phone call, have that date, think that thought about THAT person in THAT way - you are CHOOSING who you love. Don't be fooled anymore. The control is YOURS.

Me talking again:  SO, for those who didn't know. NOW you know! I've long understood that people don't "fall" in love, as if by accident. I just like the way she got basic with it.


Last, but not least, there's the BlackLoveMonthly magazine, powered by Tony Bradford and Laneay London of Palmdale, California (my neck of the woods). WOW! What an informative website for the community! And I mean, for everyone, not just black people. I appreciate their use of Scripture to support their views; and I particularly enjoy their blog topics. Today, I was edified tremendously by one titled For my Sistahs. It's too much to copy/paste here, so I'll just share the link for your edification.
 http://blog.blacklovemonthly.net/2011/12/30/for-my-sistahs.asp
As you peruse the sites, be clear that I'm merely sharing insights I found interesting. I'm not saying I endorse everything that's printed. Remember my rule: where (the views) are morally sound and agree with the Word of God, I agree with them. The challenge, then, is to know what the Bible says. And please believe, there isn't a current topic or life situation that the Bible doesn't speak to, whether directly or in principle. Let me say it another way, the Bible is as relevant to our lives today as it was those thousands of years ago!
Now get your read on!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...