Monday, June 10, 2013

Memories

I am a picture taking crazy person. My close family and loved ones know this. And they tolerate my "obsession" with  taking snapshots of them.  They don't understand.

Pictures are just one way to relive a memory. Our minds are another, very vivid kind of camera. Because our time on earth is so brief, I cherish moments with a holding-on-for-dear-life type grip. I suppose that's also why I write... to record, and remember. I can go back and read how I felt, what I saw - who I was, through written words.

Memory-making is a blessing. It's a gift to live in the present tense, and make each moment count. Even the not so good experiences serve as lessons we can reflect on as we move forward. We will remember, and hopefully, avoid the pitfalls of yesterday. We can smile because we are victorious.

My thoughts today are of a beautiful memory - a wonder filled span of my life, a chapter that is now closed. And I realize that the sum of those times not only shaped and prepared me for my "now" - but I'm still gleaning valuable tidbits from the past. And I am stronger and wiser because God graced me with experiences that He knew would keep me buoyed and carry me through whatever life brings my way.

Thanking God for memories!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...