Monday, August 5, 2013

Having a Bad Day?.

I found myself on the verge of a bad day today. Even after my morning worship; after I got mid-way into my work, a series of events began to align themselves in a manner that had me headed for a collision.

It didn't matter that I had a plan, or that I saw this situation brewing, I recognized it, was mad about it. And you know how we can sometimes get into that "bring it on" mode - not to be confused with the confidence we have in Christ handling it for us. So for a moment, I was blinded by my annoyance, my unrighteous indignation. And I know when I allow that to fester, I'm no good to anyone, and I am certainly not a vessel God can use. In the very next instant, I came to myself and had to laugh out loud. This situation, these circumstances were no surprise to the Lord. And I had already asked Him to lead and guide me through this very day, so why was I stressing?

He knows our days upon this earth. And He has a purpose and plan for those who diligently seek Him. A momentary bad day is nothing in the eyes of the Ancient of Days. My mind thought back on some scripture that moved me through the turbulence that almost took me off balance; I share them here for your encouragement today. There's much more in store for us on this journey, as we allow ourselves to be refined by the hand of God.

Let us stay connected through prayer and study of His Word. His love for us is an all consuming fire - fierce enough to see us through it all!

Psalm 33:10-11
The Lord foils the plans of the nations; He thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of His heart through all generations.

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...