Sunday, February 16, 2014

Day 16 - Lord, Surprise Me





“The wind blows wherever it pleases.” John 3:8

Every miracle, blessing, divine appointment, has a genesis prayer that sets them into motion.  If we trace back, we can find the point that began the movement of the sovereign hand of God.  The “surprise” is in the realization that God supplied, provided, allowed, opened/closed/removed and moved on our behalf when we didn’t expect it. And the “prayer genealogy” may go back years – up to a moment ago.  Just as we can’t see the wind yet feel its effects, we can’t see what the Lord is doing behind the scenes until the moment the answer is revealed. 

During this 40 Day prayer challenge, Bruce and I both have been powerfully surprised by the movement of God in answering our individual prayers on separate matters.  I won’t share Bruce’s testimony; only he can do that. But my testimony does encompass his. I circled my husband in prayer specifically so that the Lord would show Himself strong in his life; that Bruce would know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God does hear and answer prayers. The surprise was the speed in which God showed up for Bruce, a day after he’d prayed a specific prayer (unbeknownst to me).  My prayer was answered when Bruce told me about his prayer the day before, and the answer he received from God (via a phone call from a family member), and God’s impeccable sense of humor and timing as it was Day 16 in our reading.  I could go on and on… but I think you get the message!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...