Friday, February 21, 2014

Day 21 - Set Your Foot



 


Boaz Ministries 

“I’m giving you every square inch of the land you set your foot on.” Joshua 1:3 MSG

Physically circling something in prayer is not magical, but it is Biblical. Drawing prayer circles is a metaphor that means “praying until God answers”, and it starts with discerning what God wants, and what God wills. His sovereign will must become our sanctified wish – and when that happens, our prayer life will be super-charged with power! And the goal is to glorify God by drawing circles around the promises, miracles and dreams He wants for us – not merely getting want we want.

“Pray a perimeter” around the promises in Scripture, and the promises the Holy Spirit conceives in your spirit, and watch the Lord move on your behalf. Recently, I made a major life change, moving from the west coast to the east coast in mid-life. And I have come to view the various segments of my journey as “assignments”. Though I had wanted to leave California for years, I came to understand that God would let me know when the time was right, if it was His will. I prayed long and hard, asking the Lord to confirm His desire for me to leave all that was familiar to me. And I watched as doors literally closed in the west, and opened in the east. My assignment in California ended in 2012. And I can testify that the Lord is confirming and affirming that He has given me “every square inch” of what He has for me on my new assignment, in my new home. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...