Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 24 - Find Your Voice

 Boaz Ministries

“The word of the Lord came to me.” Jeremiah 1:4

There are those of us who felt the unction of the Holy Spirit, the Lord’s call upon our lives, years ago. Jeremiah records the event in his life when God spoke to him, telling him he would be a prophet to the nations. Not only that, God told Jeremiah that he’d been chosen before Jeremiah was formed in his mother’s womb! (verse 5) Terrified, Jeremiah told almighty God that he wasn’t up to the task, because he couldn’t speak, and he was too young.

Sometimes when God calls us, it takes years to understand that we’ve even been called. There might be a glimpse of a path; a direction that our life seems to be moving in that gradually brings us into the full consciousness of God’s plan and purpose for us. I was called to music ministry, which at first glance seemed to be easy enough, I grew up surrounded by a musical family. But I was challenged because God took me in a direction I hadn’t wanted to go, nor did I expect. I enjoyed being a member of a music ministry, contributing by being dependable and knowing my part. However, the Lord was moving me to be the leader. A leader of a church music department, and a leader of a choral group of adults. It was truly a growth spurt, but God had already supplied the training from all the years before! And there is undoubtedly more that He is calling me to do...I'm still developing my voice!

“We all have a unique voiceprint, not just physically but spiritually as well,” Batterson writes. The Lord desires to speak through each of us differently, and it doesn’t matter what job we do, or what title we hold. The trick for us is, to clear our minds of all the distractions so we can hear what He is saying to us, how He wants to use us for His glory. The more we listen for Him, the more we’ll be able to recognize when He is speaking to us. If we can hear the voice of the Lord, we will find our voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...