Sunday, June 14, 2015

...because I'm happy!

And even more than being "happy," I have joy. Happiness is conditional most of the time. It has more to do with what's going on around us, what's happening to/with/for us, etc. I don't live in that realm anymore.

I've found joy. And peace comes along with joy. With both, there is a sustaining factor that holds fast even when the circumstances aren't the best.  This joy I have came from the Giver of all good and perfect gifts...( James 1:17)  This kind of joy is indestructible - nothing can penetrate it, not those who would try to do you harm; not even the death of loved ones. This peace is abiding and steadfast, and brings a smile of knowing and contentment in the midst of the storms.

God is great and has given me so much for which to be thankful. I'm truly grateful and honored - if He doesn't do another thing for me. I'm blessed and happy in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...