Sunday, June 7, 2015

A Concern Of Mine

There were so many titles I could've given this... but some of my choices would have been too controversial for a few. And while I'm not opposed to or afraid of being seen as controversial, I do  wish to bring my messages in such a way as to woo minds gently into another point of view.

I'm not naive. I know err/botty ain't in "receive mode" and some never will be.

Here it is, though -

It amazes me when I hear parents say they will not raise their children with any spiritual foundation, but will allow them to decide what religion they want to follow  for themselves. My question is and has always been: "And why would they ever choose a 'spiritual foundation' or 'religion'?"

How about, if nothing spiritual is modeled in the home from a young age, then the child, 8 times out of 10, will choose ....nothing.
Oh, one may say, "Well, being a 'good person' is what's important." I won't disagree. But I am positive that being a good person (staying on the right side of the law, following the golden rule - which are Biblical principals, btw), has limitations. One of the biggest drawbacks is - being "good" can be very subjective. Add to that the newspeak..."this is my truth"... whoa nelly! Where oh where and WHAT is the standard by which truth is measured?

Some may say - "Why do we need a standard?"  Please. Look around. Things aren't all right. And if we're bringing new, precious lives into this not all right place, and making them as comfortable as we can, yet failing to provide them with a belief system, a Faith, an introduction to a RELATIONSHIP (not a religion) with God - that, in my studied, humble opinion, is an EPIC FAIL!

As a Believer, I could give all kinds of Scripture to completely back up what I'm saying. Many of you reading know them as well. However, that's not my point today. My point is - parents... as you're making decisions to bring new people into this very dark place - be careful that, in giving them everything else, you don't deprive them of what will keep them strong, unafraid and at peace when they leave the nest. Oh. This might mean you'll have to make some changes/choices, too.  For we cannot give what we do not have. < That was coined by someone else - and I like it.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...