Monday, June 22, 2015

I STILL MISS YOU

Father's Day was tough this year, to say the very least. But what softens the blow when we've lost loved ones, are the memories. Always, the memories. And oh, those memories!!

My dear cousin, who also lost her father (one month after my father passed), shared this quote with my sister and me. And we agree that it sums up all that we feel, and all that we will feel as the years go by.

I share this today to help someone else who may be going through loss. We will never "get over" the death of our loved ones, but we will learn to live with their absence.

For me, my late husband, and my father, are alive in my heart and in the hearts of their descendants. We reminisce on a regular basis, often quoting their wise words and funny quips. This reminds us of the love we came from, and the love we share and will continue to pass on to others along this journey. Even in loss, even in sorrow, even through the hurt and pain - I'm blessed. Because they once gave me love!


 Father's Day, 2014, with my Dad, 11/12/1934 - 1/7/2015 R.I.P.
Special Night- with my hubby and father of my children, 6/26/1954 - 5/8/2010 R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...