Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Prayer Request for DG

Facebook post, 6/7/16

I just heard that my dear friend, DG,who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 6 months ago, isn't doing well at all. This bouquet was a "thank you" from him for Mother's Day that I received at work. When I saw the card, I gasped - tears shot from my eyes and I just broke down, it was so unexpected!

This gentle man - who would act like a "tough guy" (except with me, ha!) - is missed around here. He's twice retired (military, and government), so working here at the front desk was just something for him to do. It hasn't been the same at work since he left for treatment in December.

DG reminds me of my father; shares my dad's initials and his first name! He's 81 years old; same age my father would be right now, had he lived.

So prayer warriors, please lift DG and his family up in prayer for peace, comfort, strength and confidence in the hope of Glory.



Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...