Saturday, June 4, 2016

...just before the miracle

FACEBOOK POST 

Last night I began to write on my blog - moved by the atrocities going on around us, and the evil reports, grave prognoses - all the suffering and pain; and specifically my dear friend, DG and now, another dear, dear sister/friend, both diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. And the working title of my post is, "Looking for a Miracle." I'll probably share it from "the attic" - someday soon.

But today - as I was scrolling through FB, I saw a post about PurpleStride Washington, DC, 2016 [Wage Hope]. It's a 5k to raise funds for the cure of and awareness about pancreatic cancer! I wept for joy!

Folks, I don't believe in coincidences. The event is happening next weekend - June 11, 2016. And I tell you I haven't been keeping fit for nothing! I signed up as a participant in the walk/run. For the support of my beloved friend, DG, and my dear sister/friend - I'm all the way in.

Sometimes, we are part of the miracle we're looking for.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...