Friday, August 31, 2018

Mon Fils Unique

Jonathan L. Wynn and me
My only son -

The bond between mother and son is indescribable. And coming from a family where the majority are women on my mother's side - and my first two children are girls - I was unprepared for the emotional power surge I felt when my only son was born.  He was the last one, but in no way is he the least.

Jonathan and his late father were very close; they were quite a duo. And when his sisters were off doing things with their friends, people often thought he was an only child because of the way he interacted with his father and me. He enjoyed being with the "old folks". He was easy to love as a boy. And as a man, he is still personable and kind.

Parents look to their sons to carry the family name forward. It is a thing of pride, and an honor to witness the family line growing - to be part of creating a legacy. When I think of this young man, my gift from the Lord, my heart swells with gratitude. He embodies all that was best in his father, and he bears a strong resemblance to my late father. The Lord's doing - and it is marvelous!

I embrace the bond I have with my son with full respect for his manhood and individuality.  I know the Lord is preparing him for that unique woman, the only one, for him.

Amen.

"Jon"





No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...