Saturday, February 2, 2019

Famous Last Words

Well - for sure the words in this post will be far from famous, but they are my last under the moniker The Woman In My Attic. I finally read the email from the good folks at Google+ - about how these pages are shutting down and will be no more as of April 2, 2019. They say it's due to poor usage and lack of maintenance, etc. I can't argue with that.

But what I will say is - for me - sharing my thoughts openly this way has been a life-saving experience. And the closing of this chapter of my writing life might really push me forward to writing my next book. And who knows? There may be even more books inside me after this!

I came to this blogspot in 2011 - but, it wasn't my first try at blogging. This was my third attempt, and I titled my very first post For the Third Time .  Yes, actually, I'd tried to blog as early as 2009, when my late husband was still alive; and even opened an account for him as we sought to start our online Bible ministry. Bro. Wynn was a great thinker and teacher. It took me several months to come back to this - to somehow carry on with the plan without him. It morphed into a different kind of passion, and writing in this way allowed me to formulate my views, strengthen my own beliefs and share what I've learned.

The page also helped me maintain my sanity - writing has always been a cathartic release for me. But most of all, my hope is that someone out there was encouraged by something I said over these nearly 8 years.  I pray that seeds were planted, hearts were touched, and healing took place...or curiosity was piqued to know more about the LOVE of God; I hope someone was motivated to seek the truth - for themselves.

I'm choosing to call it a day two months before they shut it down. They say photos not backed up will be lost, so on and so forth.  However, as long as the url is alive - I hope you'll tell a friend to come on over and have a read.

In my experience as a lifetime reader and a longtime writer - you never, ever forget the words that gave you pause, courage, joy and hope!

May God bless and keep you, and give you peace!

Bridget G. Wynn Edwards
Pilgrim Journey



No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...