Friday, February 15, 2013

When an apology is not necessary

I don't expect anyone to be apologetic for what they believe with all their heart and soul. If we live our lives in accordance with the principles of our faith in our spiritual guidelines or religious doctrines - we have made a most important commitment.

I am a believer that Christ is the son of God. I accept what the Bible teaches as the very Word of God, as men, moved by the Spirit, recorded and reported what was seen and heard by them as eye witnesses. (2 Peter 1:21; 2 Timothy 3:16-17) My view of the world is filtered through the spiritual lens that the Bible provides for those who allow its teachings to penetrate beyond mere theological understanding and scholarly discourse. The Word lives and breathes for me, and is my point of reference for all my life decisions.(and my Handbook outlining consequences for the choices I may make) And I trust God's ability to get His message of salvation to those who will believe - even via the widely published "canonized" KJV.

My point of view will always reflect my faith in God, as He continuously reveals His will for my life. It is my belief that being "sold out" for my Lord, is THE most important commitment I have ever made in my life. The Word teaches that loving God with our whole hearts and loving our neighbors as Christ loves us are the two most important commandments of all.(Deut. 6:5; Luke 10:27) And then God gives us the power to do both.

I receive it. I believe it. And I'm seeing the Lord work miracles in my life - evidence of His great love. With love this rich and true, there is no way I can belong to anyone else! His truth gives me courage. My faith has made me fearless...and unapologetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...