Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Word or Two About Cherishing the Love - repost

I wrote this the weekend after my husband's memorial services. Be edified and encouraged as you begin this new year!


A WORD OR TWO ABOUT CHERISHING THE LOVE

By Bridgette Wynn, May 22, 2010

Hello all -

First I must thank you for your prayers, thoughtful acts, cards, phone calls, and excellent care of me and my family during this intense time of transition for us. We truly appreciate the showers of blessings and love - it is soothing, necessary, welcomed!

Many of you have asked me how I'm able to put two words together and be coherent. I feel you. (smile) It has occurred to me that my current state of mind may be unusual. But I thought about it and decided while it may be unusual to many, my "cool" and my affect are being completely controlled by God's Holy Spirit. He is holding me together! Trust!

There is another important piece to my peace of mind; this has everything to do with the chain of events before Bro Wynn's accident (March 1), up to the day he died. (May 8). Our 11 years in active outreach ministry laid some essential "relationship skills" on top of what we already had going on in the years prior to 1999. And...we had it going on! (smile)

But God began to show us a new thing from 1999 forward. He dealt with us, through our study of His Word, on how we must love one another (and our neighbor as ourselves). He worked on us individually - showing us issues we needed to get straight with Him and with each other. I began to understand more fully, as did Bro Wynn, what this "one-ness" was truly about. We came to realize that the marriage bond was God's way of giving us the opportunity to experience what HE has with the Son and the Holy Spirit...and what He also desires to share WITH US! And we wanted to take our experience to the next level! It was exciting!

The first of this year, Bro Wynn and I entered into an intense prayer ministry. We prayed for friends, loved ones, the unlovely, everyone, two times a day. We called people by name and needs spoken and unspoken. And we knew that we had to be clean before the Lord in order to intercede for others. We went into purification, preparing our hearts, fasting and praying for spiritual strength and wisdom. It was on! Bro Wynn encouraged the members of Revived! to join in the prayer ministry with us to strengthen us as a music ministry - and to see the awesome power of God move on behalf of those for whom we were praying.

It was working! We were witnessing incredible spiritual milestones in our lives, and in the lives of people we had been praying for. Then March 1 came, and my husband was struck by the drunk driver - but his life was spared...for a time. When he came home to convalesce, I had him all to myself! He had me all to himself! WE HAD EACH OTHER ALL TO OURSELVES!! He told me that he knew he'd been spared by God so that he could have more time to get things right with the Lord, and to encourage more people. He knew that his life at that point, was a testimony of the mighty Hand of God. If I could describe how close he and I became during those 68 days, I would try. Please believe me when I say that the Lord took us to the next level! Bro Wynn told a couple of his male friends about it. He said..."my wife and I have been praying for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit; for the Lord to show us His true path and let us know if we are going in the right direction. And you know what? He has!"

During those precious few days we had left, we got things straight between us. He had said that the one thing that was different about himself since his accident, was he was much more emotional...sensitive. And he shared the beauty of his heart and soul with me...daily. And I reciprocated...it was easy. And we continued to pray, and study the Word together. Sometimes he would just have me read his favorite Psalms while he closed his eyes and meditated. We cherished the time...looked forward to our quiet hours.

Keep in mind..the nest had been empty since the fall of 2009 when our last child went away to college. But Bro Wynn was still ripping and running back and forth to Los Angeles, doing his business. We would only have time on the week-end...and that we shared with others in ministry. This...in 2010, was different, and so special. And I thank the Lord we took advantage of each moment.

There was nothing left unsaid. Nothing was left undone. When the doctor came to me with the horrible news, my heart was full. All I wanted to do was see him, kiss him, whisper my love and a prayer over him. It is well with my soul, my friends because God made sure we took the time to get closer to Him, and each other.

You who have spouses and sweethearts, please....let the Lord draw you and keep you close to His bosom. Let Him show you how to cherish the love He's given. I guarantee you will have no regrets.





No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...