Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My Name Change(s) - Or, back to basics

JFYI - My parents (Don & Anna Greathouse) named me Bridget Alyce (a-leese). It is on my birth certificate. In 3rd grade, I took it upon myself to add the extra "t" and "e". It worked all the way through getting my SS card, driver license, and other legal docs (CALIFORNIA was laid back like that, I suppose). Then I MOVED TO MARYLAND! They don't play, and my info going forward had to match what is on my birth certificate. So, after all these years, my parents are vindicated. When I told my mother about it, she was very pleased. My eyes are adjusting to the shortened version - but change is good....

signed

Bridget Greathouse Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...