Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Who I be like


I ain't flamboyant, I ain't fancy
my comeliness is mild
If someone took a glance - s/he
might encourage me to smile
Not a seeker of attention
don't have no hi-brow pedigree
my net ain't worth the mention
don't possess much finery

What I have I give sincerely
this great gift received from God
and I share my witness clearly
which, at times makes me seem odd
I ain't trying to gain acceptance
in a world that hates the Son
I encourage full repentance
to believers in the ONE

not a preacher,
more a teacher, and even more
a soul out-reacher
for each transgression, each mistake
has been forgiven,
I ain't no fake
In God alone I'm capable

He's working His thing in me
to be
His genuine article

Bridget Edwards © 2013





No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...