Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Love Words Last

I've been thinking about friends and loved ones who have passed away over the past 5 years. Starting with my sweet maternal grandmother and a beautiful aunt in 2009; my college sweetheart/first husband in 2010; a dear coworker and sister/friend  in 2011; and another precious, longtime sister/friend in 2012. As I was reminiscing, my thoughts brought me to the final conversations I had with each of them; conversations we did not know would be our last. In each case, our hearts were knit together so tightly in laughter, in prayer and joy - and our words were loving toward one another!

As I see so many among my friends whose loved ones are dying, and hearts that are torn apart because of grief, I just wish to encourage and remind all of us to pay attention to how we speak to one another. Life.Is.Short. And we don't get the time back to do it over.

I am thankful that, concerning my dearly departed loved ones,  I have no regrets . My prayer is that I am ever mindful of the way I treat the living. We've heard the saying "Give me my flowers while I can smell them," - that's a great practice.  Love words are important; beautiful to give and receive. And the memory of those last words can bring the comfort and peace to help us through the sadness long after our loved ones are gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...