Friday, August 8, 2014

...The Man of the House




The opportunity presented itself, and there I was
just inches away from my camera

I do not lie when I say
it was a thing to behold -

He was in the midst of research, preparing for a piece he was writing,
and listening to smooth jazz playing softly through the speakers
A special collection shuffle

With quiet and contemplative eyes, he would type, stop, think,  re-think, adjust his glasses
and repeat the process...
(there was all kinds of rhythm in that flow!)

For me, it was magical - it's always magical when he writes
Like Phoebe Snow said, "I'd like to get behind his eyes
and sing and cry from that position..."

Bear with me just one more minute, please...

 Overcome by the very atmosphere of creativity,
 I was compelled to capture everything in that frame
In that moment

So, no...
 I couldn't resist -  and in my own defense
I have to say, I'm proud to say...
"Rare moments were meant to preserve for all time"
(And yes! I'd do it again!)
 
The opportunity presented itself, I took aim
 and here he is,
 Ladies and Gentlemen...



©2014














No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...