Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Just on Juice - Day 3

Boaz Ministries


We are literally putting this day to bed! Both of us had challenges today, it's almost a blur.

For breakfast we tried a recipe called "Jolt Juice": 2 apples, 1 orange, 1 cucumber, 1/4 peeled lemon, 4 kale leaves. Outstanding flavor! We revisited "Bruschetta Tang" for lunch; and for dinner, we enjoyed "Green Machine" - 4 kale leaves, 2 apples, 2 cups of spinach, 1/2 cucumber, 2 celery stalks, 1 carrot and 1" of ginger. Again - amazing flavor.

I experienced some pangs of hunger between breakfast and lunch so I sipped on my "Bruschetta Tang", slowly. That helped, then I loaded up on water for the rest of the day (which ended two hours ago).

The greatest part of this for me. is the fact that I am losing actual weight! In three days, I've lost 5 pounds! And my energy level has increased!

Bruce reports: "My will power was tested today as several lunchtime food trucks were in my face all day. I got through the day by focusing on the results I'm achieving and praying for strength. Still not crazy hungry, but hungry. This is hard but I'll get through."

Focusing on the results is excellent motivation. Ain't no stopping us now! We have 3 days under our belts (no pun intended), and 4 days to go!

Thank you for your prayers. Don't stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The joys of living and working in a non-toxic environment

We hear so much about work/life balance in the workplace.  Companies are rated on how employee-centered they are.  It's ...